About the Program
Our summer intensive offers an extensive training schedule that includes Ballet, Pointe, Tap, Jazz, Modern, Contemporary, Partnering, Conditioning, Nutrition, and Dance History classes, with internationally acclaimed faculty members! Most student schedules involve dancing about 6 hours a day! Join SGB for a H.O.T.! summer experience filled with Heart, Opportunity and Training! This is where you want to be this summer!
Required Documents for Applications:
- Register through The Studio Director (required by every dancer)
- Copy of Health Insurance Card (front and back)
- Dancer Photos (not required for SGB dancers)
- Payment: $350/week
- Doors open at 8:30am – Dancers with completed application packets may pick up a name badge and then find a seat in the auditorium. All dancers with incomplete application packets must see an administrator at the Registration table. The copier will be available for those still needing to submit their insurance card.
- Parking is available on Washington Street – 600 East Washington Street, Thomasville GA 31792
- All classes are from 9am-4pm.
- Bring a healthy lunch every day for our daily Lunch-N-Learn. Place it on a table in the Main Gallery every morning before the first class. (Nutrition Tips for Dancers: https://www.theballetworkshop.com/Nutrition_and_the_Dancer.html)
- Bring a water bottle with a spillproof lid – water coolers are available to refill. Soda or sugar drinks are not permitted.
- Be prepared and bring dance shoes you’ll need for every type of class, i.e., ballet, pointe, tap, jazz, etc.
- Wear pink tights and black or level-appropriate leotard. Please make sure you cover up on the way in and out of the facility.
- Bring anything you may need for a blister, to secure a bun or change tights or leotard for any reason.
- Hair must be secured and in a ballet bun with no bangs.
- Boys must wear appropriate ballet attire – no baggy pants – and long hair secure.
- No jewelry – stud earrings are permitted.
- Do not bring your electronic devices, i.e., iPad, cameras, games etc. SGB is not responsible for lost, broken or stolen items.
- Cell phones must be turned off during the entire day and put away in your dance bag. Anyone needing to get in touch with their dancer during the day should call the administrative office at 229.228.9420. Messages can be delivered to dancers at lunch and upon completion of the day’s classes.
CLASS DATES: June 20-24, 2022
CLASS TIME: 9:00AM – 4:00PM
LOCATION: 600 E. Washington St., Upstairs, Thomasville GA 31792
2022 Summer Guest Artists
Wicked the Musical, Radio City Rockette for 6 seasons, Philadanco Dance Co, Camille A. Brown and Dancers, Giordano Jazz Dance Chicago II….& more!