POLICIES & PROCEDURES
In order to ensure that your classes and rehearsals with South Georgia Ballet are safe and fulfilling, it is imperative that you and your students review the following information. These guidelines will be strictly enforced and we appreciate your cooperation and assistance regarding these policies and procedures.
- IF YOU ARE SHOWING SIGNS OF COVID-19, FEVER, COUGH, ETC. DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING FOR ANY REASON!
- If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please stay home until you have been cleared to return back to school. Please contact the office if your dancer or anyone in their home has tested positive for COVID-19 and do not come to class. We will then implement our emergency protocol. Your dancer will be allowed to come back to class after testing NEGATIVE for COVID-19.
- South Georgia Ballet requires registration forms and releases on file for every student. These forms should contain CURRENT names, addresses, phone numbers, emails and medical and emergency information.
It is the parent’s responsibility to notify SGB of any changes in order to keep the above information up to date.
- REMIND APP is our MAIN way of communication. If you have not already done so, add our class code on your app.
SGB SCHOOL CODE: @sgbdance
- South Georgia Ballet Offices are now located inside the annex. Please use the Washington Street Side to access the building. The annex building code 06000#. Make sure you use the keypad mounted to the building, not on the actual door.
- All dancers/parents should use our entrance located on the Washington Street side following the ramp to our ballet suite. Door code 05000#. This code should only be used by our immediate parents. Parents will only be allowed to drop off/pick up students. There will be NO WAITING in the hallway for any reason at any time due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- DROP OFF: ONLY WASHINGTON STREET | PICK – UP: ONLY JACKSON STREET
Ages 2-8 (Toddlers – Primary Level) will be escorted out to the Jackson Street side by class with an adult for pickup. Parents should park on the Jackson Street side and wait outside the building for dancers to be dismissed.
- Masks will be required to enter the building at Thomasville Center for the Arts. Please make sure your dancer comes prepared and has their mask on when entering/maneuvering from class to class in the building.
South Georgia Ballet WILL NOT be responsible for providing masks.
- There will be NO REFUNDS for anyone with an absence due to COVID-19. There will be supplemental material provided for your dancer’s level online to access while out of class.
- No waiting outside UNATTENDED for pick up.
- Attendance is required and expected by all students. Should you have to miss class due to an illness, death in the family, etc., please call the Office at 229.228.9420 and leave a message as to why you will not be in class.
- Dress Code is strictly enforced and those dancers not dressed properly will be asked to watch class. Repeated infractions could result in dismissal from class. Please arrive dressed and ready for class.
- Water bottles with a top/lid are permitted in the classroom. Please come with your water bottle full. All water dispensers at the Center are disabled.
DO NOT CHEW GUM ANYWHERE IN THE BUILDING!
- Please do not bring personal items or valuables to class. South Georgia Ballet assumes no responsibility for lost, broken or stolen property. This included ALL electronic devices.
- If for any reason you must discontinue coming to class, you must contact the Office to ensure that your account is not continually charged. This will officially drop your child from the roster and allow for any student on a waiting list to take his/her place. Registration and costume fees are non-refundable.
- Please contact the SGB office with any questions or concerns at 229.228.9420. Phone calls and emails will be returned during business hours.
Please DO NOT text or call our faculty on their personal phone.
- Tuition is based on 36 Lessons, including final rehearsals for the recital. The cost is divided into 10 equal payments due on the first class of each month. You may also set up an account using a credit card and we will automatically charge your account for all fees due that month. Payments after the 10th of the month will be considered late.
How SGB is Staying Safe During COVID-19
South Georgia Ballet thanks our dance families for all of your patience and flexibility so our staff could prepare for and continue to deliver excellence in training while abiding by appropriate COVID-19 guidelines. We greatly appreciate your continued support and commitment to SGB.